Jennifer Paige Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennifer Paige Forum

Forum about american singer Jennifer Paige

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosa
Admin
Admin
Rosa

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009 Empty
PostSubject: Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009   Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 am

Hello there!! After a long time without Jen news, finally we have a new interview from an online magazine and an upcoming release!!

Jennifer Paige Interview
13/09/2009

1°) First of all: How are you and Where were you during all this time?
I'm doing great. Actually mid-flight, headed to LA to do some recording. My best friends are there so I'm looking forward to a little business & pleasure.
Where have I been? I've been right here. Making music is not the hard part. Being heard, having the perfect timing, writing songs about what other people are thinking, having a record company spend enough money so that your record can compete...all that is the stuff that really makes the difference in success. These last several years I have continued to write music for film/television & other artists; as well as, discover again what it is that I'd like to say as an artist. I've realized that I don't want to be just another "one trick pony", singing about nothing. So, that's what I'm working on these days.

2°) Can you tell us about your new musical projects?
I've recently released a new record called, "Best Kept Secret". This is a compilation of songs in which I found myself writing, without an ultimate purpose. That inner need being expressed. I didn't have a record deal at the time; but, lucky for me, Glor signed me based on these songs and released it in several countries. Being on an indie label has been such a different process than in the early days when "Crush" was released by a Major- that was more like being a part of a machine. But my feeling is that if it is MY time, a come back will happen no matter the obstacles that may appear in my path. I believe so much in the power of music, and it decides for itself if it will be heard. So, I am hoping for another massive hit, and if all the pieces fall together just right, I believe it can happen. I have a surprise release coming soon!

3°) Music world has changes, what do you think of it now. Is there any band or artists you would like to work with?
There are so many great artists out there. I'm into Safety Suit, Imogen Heap, A Fine Frenzy, Meiko, Paper Route...and of course the pop princess', like Lady Gaga & Katy Perry.

4°) Internet opens up a lot of perspectives. Because of myspace, Facebook and other medias. Do you feel it in your way of promoting yourself? Has it changes anything in your relationship with the fans?
This has been the best part of the change in the music world. I remember a time when it was considered better to keep a distance from the fans because record labels felt it created more of an allure, a Star Quality. But now, I think it's all about being real, and either people like you, or they don't. My personality suits this better. I'm not good at pretending to be something I'm not. I mean, God Bless the artists who will put on the crazy makeup & outfits, and create some image, just to stand out. But I'm much more comfortable being myself. I feel as though people would be able to see right through me if I pretended to be something I was not. I love the aspect of using these medias, and connecting on a personal level. There are certain fans that I would consider friends at this point. They have stuck by me, waiting patiently for me to rise, and for that I am forever grateful.

5º) Any upcoming concert?
If I tour abroad will depend on how well my new release does. I hope so! My favorite part of being a singer is being on stage. It is one of the greatest feelings I've known, and the only way to actually see your music affecting people. I can't even describe how I feel when I see people singing my lyrics back to me. Simply amazing.

6°) What is the craziest thing fans did for you?
Things like flying or driving for hours to see a concert, bringing me my favorite candies, waiting all night in a hotel lobby for me to come down, standing in the rain for an autograph. I mean, that is totally nuts, and I LOVE IT!

7°) What you like to say to the readers of our magazine?
I would like to invite them to join me at Myspace: www.myspace.com/jenniferpaigemusic & Twitter: www.twitter.com/jenniferpaige1
That way we can stay in touch, reconnect, and I can tell them very soon about my upcoming release! A little hint...I am not singing alone!
Thanks, Anne! I appreciate you spreading the love.
xjen

Thank you so much Jennifer for your kindness and your time.
Interview by Anne Callypyge for Bizarre Music Online Magazine
(c) bizarre-music.net
You can find Jennifer on
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/jenniferpaigemusic?ref=ts
Twiiter: http://www.twitter.com/jenniferpaige1
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpaigemusic
Her official website: http://www.jenniferpaige.com

Font: http://bizarre-music.net/publ/jennifer_paige_interview/11-1-0-190
Back to top Go down
http://jenniferpaige.net
lovefann
I see the light... I am sober
I see the light... I am sober
lovefann

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009   Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 7:17 am

a surprising release...wow that really sounds amazing
new songs plzInterview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
=D4M14N=
Always you, I come back to you
Always you, I come back to you
=D4M14N=

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009   Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Really nice interview, I'm desperate to hear more about her new release!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/TheWitchdoktor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009   Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview from Bizarre Music - 13/09/2009
Page 1 of 1